If you’ve been thinking about taking up running as a way to stay fit, Global Running Day is a great day to start! But then what? Runner’s World has some great guidelines to follow for beginners.
- Get a good pair of running shoes – look for a local running store that can get you fitted with the right pair of shoes. It’s worth the investment.
- Pick the day and time you’re going to run – and commit to it! I found that blocking off that time in my calendar each week made sure nothing else interferes with my time to run.
- Pick a place to run – I personally enjoy going to the local park a lot better than being stuck on a treadmill.
- Pick a plan – There are a lot of walk/run plans out there to follow. Here’s the one I used to train for my first 5k.
- Set a Goal – I always recommend picking a local 5k that is at least 8 weeks away and signing up for it. By signing up, you’re committing to a date and able to work toward a time bound goal.
Follow these steps and you’ll be an expert runner in no time!
Leave a Reply