Today’s Monday Move from TRX! Today was my leg day, so as my last exercise I used this hamstring curl into hip press to work my hamstrings and glutes. The added instability of the TRX straps also forces you to engage your core.
How to perform this movement:
- While lying on your back, place your heels in the stirrups, with your feet resting on the handles. Flex your foot by pulling your toes toward your face.
- Lift your hips off the ground so that your body is in a plank position.
- Pull your heels toward your butt, bending your knees in the process.
- Holding this position, engage your glutes and lift your hips up toward the ceiling. Hold for a second.
- Lower your hips down, and straighten your legs while maintaining your plank position.
Repeat for 10 reps, doing 2 to 3 sets.